Friday 5 July 2013

Song/Album Of The Month | June

This is a new segment I have created called 'Song/Album Of The Month' where at the start of every month I will post my favourite song (old or recent/in the charts) and album (old or recent/in the charts) for the previous month. I'm a huge music fan and love all kinds of genres and as musical posts have been some of my most popular, I thought I'd give it a whirl! So here we go....

Song Of The Month


As a previous blog post has suggested (which you can check out here, where I discussed his incredible new album Momentum) I'm a huge Jamie Cullum fan. I love his jazz/pop style along with his unique voice and piano playing skills. His cover of Rihanna's Don't Stop The Music has to be my favourite song for the past month, purely because I cannot stop listening to it! It comes from Jamie's album The Pursuit, released in 2009 and features many other incredible songs. Jamie's version of Don't Stop The Music features heavy beats along with his soulful voice and magical piano notes. It's one of those songs where if your stuck with what song to listen to, you can put this on and you know you'll enjoy it. He makes the lyrics far more meaningful, which is why personally, I prefer it to the original and recommend it as a song you should defiantly have a listen to! 


Album Of The Month


Mark Owen's new album, The Art Of Doing Nothing is also something I have previously blogged about (take a look here). It's his first solo album to released since his How The Mighty Fall (released in 2005) and is completely worthy of a place as my favourite album of June. Mark Owen is know to be part of one of the best bands to come out of the UK, Take That, with which he was one many Brits, Ivor Novello's and numerous other achievement awards. The Art Of Doing Nothing is an album I've had on repeat and it's one you can never get bored of. You could chose to leave listening to this album for days, weeks or even months and as soon as the first song is played, you'd fall instantly back in love with it; it's that perfect! My favourite song from the album is Heavens Falling, I knew even from just hearing the previews that it would be my favourite and its fair to say the full version is even better! The overall album is a mix of bass/techno beats, echos, rapping (not from Owen) along with Marks amazing vocals both whereby he  hits both the high and low notes with ease. It's pure simplistic perfectness. 

And that concludes my Song/Album Of The Month for June! I hope this has encouraged you to give some new music a listen or to even turn back time and listen to a song you'd completely forgotten about. What's was your favourite song/album for last month? Comment below, I'd love some recommendations!

x

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for the liebster award... take a look at my latest post!

    Hannah XX
    www.randombrilliancewithme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete